There comes a point when a severely decayed or infected tooth needs to be extracted in order to protect the mouth and keep the infection from spreading. Fillings and even root canals are no longer a possibility. Tooth Extraction is the only choice. And the procedure should be performed as soon as possible.
Tooth Extraction in Annapolis
Extracting teeth requires some form of anesthetic. At Annapolis Dental Care, we offer multiple anesthetic options to help you relax during the tooth extraction. We’ll clearly explain your options during your consultation and what each anesthetic option entails. Your options include:
- Local Anesthetic: Local anesthetic numbs the area where the tooth will be removed.
- General Sedation: In most cases, a local anesthetic is sufficient for keeping you pain free, but, because we cater to cowards, we offer other anesthetic options as well that allow you to virtually sleep through the extraction. This is especially helpful if we’re removing multiple teeth.
Oral Health Routine following a Tooth Extraction
- Take painkillers as prescribed.
- Eat only soft foods.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the affected area.
- Avoid physical activity.
- Do not smoke.
- Carefully brush your teeth and tongue.
- Rinse the mouth with saltwater several times a day for the first 24 hours.
- Call your dentist right away if you experience any complications.
If you have any questions about Tooth Extraction in Annapolis or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Annapolis Dental Care by calling (410) 267-0766 or visit AnnapolisDentalCare.com today! You can also follow Annapolis Dental Care on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.