Simply put, a dental bridge bridges the gap created by a missing tooth or missing teeth. Made up of two crowns attached to anchoring teeth, known as abutment teeth, which support a false tooth, called a pontic, dental bridges are beneficial for several reasons.
- Dental bridges restore your smile.
- Dental bridges allow you to distribute your bite force evenly, restoring your ability to properly chew food.
- Dental bridges prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Dental bridges come in three types:
- Traditional Dental Bridges: This is the type of dental bridge we described above, consisting of two crowns and a pontic.
- Cantilever Dental Bridges: This type of dental bridge is used when there are abutment teeth on only one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bonded Dental Bridges: Also known as a resin bonded dental bridge, Maryland dental bridges are made of plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal framework, which is bonded to the existing teeth.
Dental Bridge Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How long do Dental Bridges last? With proper care and regular dental checkups, dental bridges can last 15 years or more.
- How do I care for a Dental Bridge? Caring for your dental bridge is no different than caring for your regular teeth. Brushing twice a day and flossing daily should do the trick.
- Where can I get Bridge Work done in Annapolis, Maryland? Dr. Steckler at Annapolis Dental Care strives to give patients individualized attention and to make their experiences as comfortable as possible. From routine checkups to bridge work, Dr. Steckler and the dental care specialists at Annapolis Dental Care are best suited to care for your oral health.
- In the end you have your full smile back and the ability to speak and eat the way you always have!
If you have any questions about Dental Bridges, or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Annapolis Dental Care by calling (410) 267-0766 or visit AnnapolisDentalCare.com today!
“At Dr. Steckler’s office, we understand that most patients are fearful of the dentist. Your comfort and care are our greatest concern.”
You can rest assured that you will receive the finest, personalized, attention you deserve. Utilizing the latest state of the art techniques in a gentle, caring fashion we will give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We will listen to your needs and answer all your questions.
You can also follow Annapolis Dental Care on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.