Astonishingly, almost 90% of all disease display symptoms in the mouth. This means that your dentist is your first line of defense against illness (just another valid reason to schedule regular checkups with your dentist).
Symptoms to look out for include:
- Gum, Tooth, or Jaw Pain: Jaw and mouth pain are often associated with stress, which can contribute to physical and mental disorders. Your dentist can help identify the source of mouth or jaw pain, which is often very treatable.
- Bleeding Gums: Aching or bleeding gums are some of the warning signs of gum disease. And gum disease is often a warning sign of a more serious condition, such as diabetes. Other oral signs of diabetes include: dry mouth, fruity smelling breath, and oral fungal infections.
- Loose or Lost Teeth: Tooth loss can be a warning sign of advanced gum disease or a more serious condition, like osteoporosis.
- Recurring Bad Breath (Halitosis): Bad breath can be the result of something simple, such as dry mouth, or it can be a warning sign of something more serious, like a sinus infection, chronic lung infection, liver or kidney disease, and diabetes.
- Sores or Lumps in our Mouth: Have your dentist check out any new lesions, patches, or lumps as soon as possible. These can be the results of an oral infection or something as serious as oral cancer, one of the most common types of cancer in the United States.
If you have any questions about Oral Health Problems, please contact Annapolis Dental Care by calling (410) 267-0766 or visit AnnapolisDentalCare.com today!
For over 20 years, Dr. Steckler and his team have been practicing comprehensive Family Dental Care. Our outstanding staff is devoted to caring for your oral situation and will ensure your dental visit is an enjoyable one, focusing on total patient comfort. We are motivated to offer cutting edge dentistry techniques and processes. Our committed staff will guide you in your pursuit of the perfect smile.
“At Dr. Steckler’s office, we understand that most patients are fearful of the dentist. Your comfort and care are our greatest concern.”
You can rest assured that you will receive the finest, personalized, attention you deserve. Utilizing the latest state of the art techniques in a gentle, caring fashion we will give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We will listen to your needs and answer all your questions.
You can also follow Annapolis Dental Care on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.