It is everyone’s worst nightmare: Bad Breath! Known in the medical community as halitosis, bad breath can be the result of many things, most notably poor dental health habits. If you do not brush and floss daily, food particles can remain in your mouth, promoting bacterial growth and causing bad breath.
Preventing Bad Breath
- Good Oral Hygiene: As we mentioned already, proper dental habits are your first line of defense against bad breath. Be sure to brush twice a day (don’t forget your tongue), floss once a day, and use antibacterial mouth wash as needed.
- Stop Smoking: Tobacco products are a leading cause of bad breath.
- Drink Water: Drinking water keeps your mouth moist, which helps wash away food particles.
- Chewing Gum: Similar to drinking plenty of water, chewing gum promotes the production of saliva, which helps keep your mouth free of food particles.
- Eat Right: Avoid foods that are known to cause bad breath, including onions and garlic.
- Medications: Some drugs may play a role in creating mouth odors. If this happens, let your doctor know.
- Regular Dental Visits: Regular dental checkups will help identify potential bad breath causing dental diseases, such as periodontal disease, dry mouth, and more!
Schedule an Appointment with Annapolis Dental Care Today!
We recommend everyone come in for a routine cleaning every six months.
During these visits we’ll clean and polish your teeth as well as remove plaque and tartar from your gums. While we’re doing this, we’ll be checking your teeth and gums for any signs of more serious problems. We can also provide fluoride treatments to keep your tooth enamel strong and avoid decay.
Plus, at Annapolis Dental Care, we schedule early morning and evening appointments to work around your busy schedule and help make your visit as convenient as possible!
If you have any questions about Bad Breath / Halitosis, or if you wish to schedule an appointment, please contact Annapolis Dental Care by calling (410) 267-0766 or visit AnnapolisDentalCare.com today!
For over 20 years, Dr. Steckler and his team have been practicing comprehensive Family Dental Care. Our outstanding staff is devoted to caring for your oral situation and will ensure your dental visit is an enjoyable one, focusing on total patient comfort. We are motivated to offer cutting edge dentistry techniques and processes. Our committed staff will guide you in your pursuit of the perfect smile.
“At Dr. Steckler’s office, we understand that most patients are fearful of the dentist. Your comfort and care are our greatest concern.”