Do you suffer from dry mouth? If you do, then you know just how unpleasant it can be. Luckily, there are several different remedies you can try out to see if they work for you! One of the easiest ways to address this problem is to ask for a sample of a dry mouth solution from your friendly Annapolis dentists. Sometimes, though, you’ve got to use something a bit stronger. Let’s find out what those could be!
What Is Dry Mouth?
It’s probably a good idea to start by examining what this condition entails. For starters, this issue comes about when your saliva glands aren’t working the way that they should. You might hear it referred to as xerostomia or hyposalivation. The problem is that you cannot get it officially diagnosed and that’s where some confusion arises when you go to see your dentist for advice on what to do about it.
Simple Home Remedies
Next, let’s look at some simple home remedies that you can try. These solutions might work in the short-term, but you never know! They could be the cure for what ails you:
- Drink more water! Water has many amazing benefits, and it can give you some relief when you have dry mouth. You might be dehydrated and that’s why yo9ur mouth feels so parched.
- Change your habits! Also, consider some lifestyle changes. Weaning yourself down from coffee, tea, and soda can help with dehydration problems. Then there is the bonus of your teeth looking better and becoming healthier!
- Chew some gum! Sugarfree gum might not sound like the most appetizing thing, but it can make a considerable difference when it comes to treating dry mouth.
- Improve oral health care routines! Start by flossing more often; swap out your old toothbrush for a new one, and work mouthwash into your daily routine.
- Try using mouthwash! After brushing your teeth in the morning, swish some mouthwash around in your mouth – it has some amazing benefits for your oral health, no matter which brand you use. Just be sure to stay away from the kinds that have alcohol as a primary ingredient.
KEEP YOUR MOUTH HAPPY WITH ANNAPOLIS DENTAL CARE!
Whether it’s a regular check-up you need or a tooth extracted, Annapolis Dental Care has the expertise and compassion to work with you on improving your oral health. Your comfort and health are our top priorities, and so we go above and beyond to make our patients happy and give them the highest quality care. To set up an appointment today, please give us a call at 410-571-5014 or visit us online. For more oral health tips for you and your family, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube! We are always looking for new patients, so if you live in Arnold, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, MD, come on down!