If you suffer from cavities, chronic gum disease, or bad breath, your oral health might be affecting your general health. This is an opportunity for families to examine their oral health habits and create oral health goals. Below are oral health tips from your Annapolis family dentist.
Tip #1: Find and Regularly Visit a Reputable Annapolis Family Dentist
Now is the time to find and regularly visit an Annapolis family dentist if you and your family have not found one. Receiving oral health tips from your local Annapolis family dentist is beneficial because they work with children regularly. So, it’s essential to visit at least twice a year regardless of the type of dentist you select for you and your family.
Tip #2: Learn and Practice Proper Brushing & Flossing Habits
Moreover, there is a wrong and proper way to brush your teeth. Here are a few oral health tips not to do while brushing your teeth:
- Don’t brush your teeth with a hard-bristled toothbrush.
- Avoid using too much pressure while brushing your teeth.
- Don’t neglect fluoride.
In contrast, here is the proper way to brush your teeth:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes every morning and evening
- Use a soft-bristled electric or manual toothbrush
- Also, brush your teeth completing light circular motions
- Make sure you use fluoride toothpaste
Tip #3: Use These Fun Oral Hygiene Tools & Tips with Your Little Ones
Furthermore, many parents struggle to have their children brush and floss their teeth properly. Fortunately, there are many fun oral hygiene tools and tips that can motivate your child. Try out these oral health tips from your Annapolis family dentist.
- Allow your child to choose a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss that include their favorite colors or tv character.
- Purchase a toothbrushing timer – there are so many to decide on!
- Provide a weekly or monthly reward for excellent oral hygiene.
- Also, brush and floss your teeth simultaneously.
- Plus, watch short videos on teeth brushing together so your child can learn the value of oral hygiene.
KEEP YOUR MOUTH HAPPY WITH FAMILY DENTISTRY AT ANNAPOLIS DENTAL CARE!
Whether it’s a regular check-up you need or a tooth extracted, your dentist in Annapolis is here to serve! Annapolis Dental Care has the expertise and compassion to work with you on improving your oral health. Your comfort and health are our top priorities, and so we go above and beyond to make our patients happy and give them the highest quality care. To set up an appointment today, please give us a call at 410-571-5014 or visit us online. For more oral health tips for you and your family, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube! We are always looking for new patients, so if you live in Arnold, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, MD, come on down!