Not only can toothpaste clean your teeth, you can use it around the house too. Did you know there are some unexpected, creative uses of toothpaste? In this blog we’ll talk about where you can use toothpaste besides inside your mouth.
Creative Uses of Toothpaste in the Living Room
You might think toothpaste would only cause more mess in the living room, but not so! Here are some interesting ways toothpaste can help in the living room:
- Touchups on furniture: Got watermarks on your coffee table? Using a non-gel based toothpaste, you can remove these unsightly marks. Remember to use a soft cloth to wipe it away and then a damp cloth.
- Removing crayon: Got mischievous children? Oh no! They’ve painted on your walls. What to do? Get out that non-gel toothpaste again. Squeeze the toothpaste over the crayon and grab a scrub brush to remove it. Wipe off the wall with a damp towel to finish.
- Removing stains: Got stains on your carpet? Not anymore! Put some non-colored toothpaste on the stain and leave it alone for a few minutes. After that, scrub it out with a toothbrush. Just be sure that it can be inconspicuous in case the toothpaste leaves its own stain on the carpet.
Creative Uses of Toothpaste in the Bathroom
- Shining up chrome: Keep the chrome in the bathroom shiny! If you’re out of cleaning spray, get that non-gel toothpaste back out, put it on a cloth and then polish until the chrome shines again.
- Cleaning up the sink: Toothpaste can clean up a dirty sink, too. Putting the toothpaste on a sponge, scrub with the sponge until all the griminess has been cleared away. Your sink should now have a pleasant mint scent.
- Defogging the mirror: Put toothpaste on the mirror and then before getting in the shower, wipe it off. There won’t be any fog on the mirror when you get out.
Creative Uses of Toothpaste Elsewhere on Your Body
- Drying out pimples: Non-gel and non-whitening toothpaste can dry out pimples for you.
- Treating burns: A thick layer of toothpaste can help ease the pain after running cool water over your burn first.
- Taking the sting out of bug bites: Bug bites are annoying, so eliminate those itchy spots with some more toothpaste. But this works better for mosquito bites than for bee stings.
PROFESSIONAL DENTAL CARE FROM ANNAPOLIS DENTAL CARE
If you want to schedule your next visit, please contact Annapolis Family Dental Care by calling (410) 267-0766 or visit AnnapolisDentalCare.com today! We can give you more information, or schedule your appointment. Our diligent knowledge of all dental treatments and extensive experience in all fields of dentistry, ensure Annapolis Dental is best suited to care for your oral health. You can also follow Annapolis Dental Care on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.